Monday, January 27, 2014

Perspective

So here I am, lying on a hammock and thinking about how crazy it is that this is my final day in Africa. As I look around at my surroundings, I can't help but reflect on these last two months. This trip has been an absolutely amazing experience. I have seen much beauty and witnessed much devastation. I have cried, sang, danced, laughed until my belly hurt and spent many moments completely speechless. Someone asked me how this trip compares to America, and the truth is, it doesn't. How can you compare two such completely different experiences. One thing that I can say though, is that I am ready to come home. When I returned from America, I felt I had nothing to return to. Now, after gaining valuable perspective, I know that I have everything to return to. See you soon Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment