Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Camp Bernie



Detroit airport was huge! It had its own monorail and a huge room that was probably 2km long with its own light show. The toilets even had their own automatic flush.
The flight to Manchester was really peaceful. I had a seat all to myself and read for the whole flight and before I knew it we were landing in Manchester. As we were arriving I was filled with excitement as I looked at the breathtaking view.
Excitedly, I ran out of the plane to the luggage area where I met Cat, a fellow camp counselor. She drove me to Camp and when we finally arrived, a feeling of accomplishment came over me. It was everything I imagined and more. I settled into my room and spent the day with Genna (the nanny) trying to hold off sleep for as long as possible. I made it to 5pm and was falling asleep at the dinner table so Sue (The Camp Director) sent me to bed. Already I have seen a squirrel, a yellow bus, a chipmunk and a porcupine.


No comments:

Post a Comment