Monday, August 6, 2012

Seniors

So for session four I have been moved to the senior division which means I am now working with 13 years olds as opposed to the 10/11 year olds I used to have. All I can say is it's so strange. They are so independent. They designate their own chores, clean up their dinner table all by themselves and basically do my job for me. I miss having girls who bombard me with questions and forget what personal space means.

I'm finding it really difficult to get into the swing of things.. The meal times, songs, bathrooms, division head, my co-counselor, my cabin, my area, the daily routine and the people are all different. After 2 months of constant repetition to the point where I could do it while sleeping, everything is all of a sudden different.
However, as tough as it has been I know that this happened for a reason and I cannot wait for the moment when I discover that reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment