Thursday, August 9, 2012

This is my purpose.

So we are four days into the final session and I received my evaluation yesterday. I got all 5's and my division head told me that "I was made for this." Since then those words have resounded in my head and I have discovered something. I was made for this. This is my purpose. Young girls are my passion. I come back to my cabin every day and I am lifted up by their spirits. Each girl is so unique, so beautiful, but so vulnerable. I think about the things that I have endured in my life and I know for a fact now that I have endured them for a reason. The knowledge and lessons I have learned, I can pass down to these girls. I know that I can’t save them from the world but if these girls remember just one thing that I have taught them then that’s enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment