Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wicked

Its so surreal being in NY on the anniversary of September 11. As I was watching the memorial I felt very disheartened as young kids spoke gallantly about the parents they lost and parents trembled as they remembered their children. As Hannah and I walked through New York there was a definite tension over the whole city and a strong sense of heartbreak and loss. My thoughts go out to those who were affected.

The day seemed to carry on though as Hannah and I made our way through multiple tourist attractions and escaped the grasp of advertising people trying to interest us in their products. Around 6pm we headed to a Broadway restaurant for dinner and it was hilarious. When Hannah went to the bathroom two men started serenading me and proceeded sticking straws in my hair. It was extremely awkward but I couldn't help but laugh. We then received our meals and when we caught a glimpse of the time we freaked out. "Its almost time for wicked!" We grabbed our meals and sprinted for the theater and before we knew it we were there in the theater  It was simply phenomenal! The characters were so good especially Galinda or should I say 'Glinda.' Each scene continued to build growing more and more phenomenal each time. The characters had fantastic voices and it was inspirational to watch. I'm definitely going to see more shows from now on. It's so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment