Saturday, September 15, 2012

Western Express Northbound

Today my tour begun and what a funny day it has been. I arrived at the ‘La Quenta’ where I met my roommate named Carol. Carol is in her 70’s and has an amazing ability to complain about absolutely everything! I quote, “Oh you hitchhikers, you pack so little because you look good in everything.”
Anyway Carol and I then made our way to the lobby for the welcome meeting. I explained to the tour guide what our trip was and he informed me that we were in the right place. Immediately I started to introduce myself to everyone and they were awesome. They were all so young and I got along with them really well. Until.. I was unformed that I was actually in the wrong group. Turns out that, that was the camping tour I originally wanted to go on but there was no more space. Sigh.. I then made my way over to my actual tour group.. About 80% of them couldn’t speak English and the rest were fairly old. I barely got a chance to introduce myself thought because the second I arrived we were in the van on our way to Venice Beach. Seeing Venice Beach got me excited for what was to come. It was the most beautiful sunset I had seen since I had been in America.. I can’t imagine what the Grand Canyon will be like!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment